The summer heat has got us craving more and more of those easy-to make, cold summer snacks. But do you know what sounds even better than snacks? Desserts. And by that we mean chocolate desserts, of course! Here is an easy dessert recipe that is a unique mixture of chocolate and tahini, and the new addition to our list of must-try summer desserts. Oh, and did we mention it is a no-bake dessert?
No one is certain where it originates, but Chocolate Salami satisfies each and every one of our summer cravings. We made it using our Tahini Tea Cookies, broken up into smaller pieces to resemble what is usually fat in normal salami. A chocolate-and-condensed-milk mixture makes up what is generally meat in salami, and together with the biscotti it creates a delicious and crunchy chocolate salami. Try it yourself and tell us what you think!
Chocolate Salami a.k.a. ChocolamiIngredients:
- 15oz Tahini Tea Cookies (3 boxes)
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 sticks of butter, melted
- 3 Tablespoons cocoa
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Parchment paper or aluminum foil
- Crush the cookies into a variety of coarse and smaller pieces using your hands
- In a large bowl, mix the condensed milk, melted butter, cocoa powder, and salt.
- Mix the crushed cookies into the mixture
- Scoop out about a quarter of the mixture onto parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Using your hands, shape mixture into the shape of a log (salami) and roll it tightly inside the parchment paper or aluminum foil
- Twist the ends of the paper together
- Repeat until all of the mixture has been wrapped up
- Chill in the refrigerator or the freezer until the consistency is hard
- When serving, sift some powdered sugar over the Chocolate Salami and slice into pieces.