Holiday parties are supposed to be festive and fun, so why are we serving the same boring desserts year after year? Store-bought sugar cookies & homemade yule logs are not going to be on the guest list this year. Instead we'll be serving up slices of this elegant and delicious fig tart, that will even show up the shining star on top of your tree.
A simple, 9 ingredient tart, this recipe requires less than 30 minutes of prep work and zero use of the oven. The crust is made up of crushed Sesame Tahini Tea Cookies, which you can enlist little helpers to crush up into crumbs. While the crust is firming up in the fridge you can whip up the creamy filling of sweetened cream and fresh figs.
This recipe comes together quick and adds an elegant, festive touch to your parties all winter long.
Fig & Mascarpone Tart
1 5oz box Sesame Tahini Tea Cookies, crushed into crumbs
3/4 teaspoon salt
7 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
8 oz mascarpone cheese, softened to room temperature
3 tablespoons brown sugar
3 tablespoons honey
1 cup plus 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
1-2 cups of fresh figs halved
1/4 cup chipped pistachios, toasted
Additional honey for drizzling
1. Whisk together the Tahini Tea Cookie crumbs and salt in a medium sized bowl. Add the melted butter and stir until well combined.
2. Press the crumbs into the bottom and sides of a 9-10 inch tart pan with removable bottom. Place in the fridge to chill while you prepare the filling.
3. In another bowl, beat 1 cup of heavy cream on medium speed until it gets frothy. Increase the speed and beat until stiff peaks form. Do not overbeat.
4. Fold about half of the whipped cream into the mascarpone mixture. Add the remaining half and fold to combine. If you notice your filling is a bit clumpy, add in the additional 1/3 cup of cream and beat briefly to smooth out.
5. Spread the filling into the prepared tart crust and allow to chill in the fridge for several hours to chill in the fridge for several hours to firm up.
6. Once ready to serve, garnish the tart or each slice with figs, pistachios, and an extra drizzle of honey. Store in the fridge up to 3 days.