Halloween is right around the corner, bringing costumes, candy, and lots of pumpkin carving! Whether you’re going to your neighborhood Halloween party or throwing your own spooky soirée, you know there will be lots and lots of desserts for you to snack on. While some may spend hours baking up pumpkin themed treats, you can skip all the hard work and make these Halloween Rice Krispies Treats with chunks of soft-baked biscotti Cookie Bites!
If you’ve ever made Rice Krispies Treats before, you know how ridiculously easy they are to make. We’ve added food coloring to transform this Halloween Rice Krispies treats recipe, and added our Chocolate Chip Brownie Cookie Bites for an extra crunch. Make these fun crispy treats for your kiddos Halloween party or for handing out to Trick-o-Treaters and they will sure to be a hit!
Halloween Rice Krispies Treats with Soft-Baked Booscotti Cookie Bites
3 tablespoons butter
1 package (about 40) Jet-Puffed Marshmallows OR 4 cups Jet-Puffed Mini-Marshmallows
5 cups Kelloggs’s Rice Krispies cereal
1 heaping cup (5 oz) Chocolate Chip Brownie Cookie Bites
Red and Yellow food coloring
Pinch of Kosher Salt
- In a large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Add Rice Krispies cereal and Cookie Bites. Stir until well coated.
- Add 5 drops of red food coloring and 7 drops of yellow food coloring to make the mixture orange.
- Using a buttered spatula or wax paper, evenly press mixture into 13x9x2 inch pan coated with cooking spray. Let cool.
- Cut into 2-inch squares. Best if enjoyed the same day.
Ready to Get Baking?