Whip this up for yourself or some deserving guests and prepare to watch it disappear! Sweet, salty, crunchy & not-too-decadent this is perfect party treat:
- 8 oz peanut butter filled pretzel nuggets
- 8 oz. roasted & salted peanuts
- 8 oz. ridged potato chips
- 6 oz. chocolate covered raisins
- 8 oz. air popped salted popcorn
- 10 oz. rice cereal squares
- 10 oz. Brown Sugar Coffee Cake soft-baked biscotti, roughly chopped (about 2 packages or 10 cookies)
- 3/4 c. (1½ sticks) salted butter
- 1/2 c. light corn syrup (or brown rice or tapioca syrup)
- 3/4 c. packed light brown sugar
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 tbsp. pure vanilla extract
- Flaky sea salt for garnish
- Pre-heat oven to 225 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In large bowl, combine all dry ingredients except the chocolate covered raisins.
- In a medium saucepan on the stove top, melt the butter. Let brown if desired. Add the corn syrup and brown sugar and let come to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and baking soda. Set aside.
- Slowly distribute warm caramel sauce all over dry ingredients and use rubber spatula to carefully combine. Spread mixture out onto sheet pan in 1 even layer on parchment paper.
- Bake for 20–25 minutes, moving party mix around every 5–7 minutes with spatula to ensure even baking and get the pieces underneath warm and brown.
- Remove from oven. While still warm, sprinkle sea salt on mixture. Let cool, add the chocolate covered raisins and store or package.
Stays fresh in sealed container for up to 4 days (← though ours NEVER lasts that long in the house!)