With the holidays coming up and football season in full force, it seems like we’re making A LOT of party snack food. From classic chip & dip to crescent roll-hot dog rollups, it’s hard to offer guests a unique dish that pleases everyone.
Enter our Sweet & Salty Party Mix recipe! Think of it like a fancy Chex Mix upgraded with a few surprises, like chocolate covered raisins, salty potato chips, and chunks of cinnamon-sugary Brown Sugar Coffee Cake Cookie Bites. Best of all, this party mix recipe is incredibly easy to make, and is a great gift to give your gracious host/hostess!
Sweet & Salty Party Mix Recipe
- 8 oz peanut butter filled pretzel nuggets
- 8 oz. roasted & salted peanuts
- 8 oz. ridged potato chips
- 6 oz. chocolate covered raisins
- 8 oz. air popped salted popcorn
- 10 oz. rice cereal squares
- 2 bags Brown Sugar Coffee Cake Cookie Bites
- 3/4 c. (1½ sticks) salted butter
- 1/2 c. light corn syrup (or brown rice or tapioca syrup)
- 3/4 c. packed light brown sugar
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 tbsp. pure vanilla extract
- Flaky sea salt for garnish
- Pre-heat oven to 225 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In large bowl, combine all dry ingredients except the chocolate covered raisins.
- In a medium saucepan on the stove top, melt the butter. Let brown if desired. Add the corn syrup and brown sugar and let come to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and baking soda. Set aside.
- Slowly distribute warm caramel sauce all over dry ingredients and use rubber spatula to carefully combine. Spread mixture out onto sheet pan in 1 even layer on parchment paper.
- Bake for 20–25 minutes, moving party mix around every 5–7 minutes with spatula to ensure even baking and get the pieces underneath warm and brown.
- Remove from oven. While still warm, sprinkle sea salt on mixture. Let cool, add the chocolate covered raisins and store or package.
This sweet party mix recipe stays fresh in sealed container for up to 4 days (← though ours NEVER lasts that long in the house!)
Ready to Get Baking?