Around the holidays, we're always on the hunt for festive and fun-to-make treats to indulge in and share with loved ones. And after a few years in a row of the classic sugar cookie routine, it begins to feel like time to look for something a little new to mix things up. Enter our chocolate peppermint ice cream sandwich recipe.
We're firm believers in the idea that ice cream is a year-round treat, and this time of year also makes us crave the flavors of the festive season, which is why this peppermint ice cream sandwich cake is the perfect addition to your holiday dessert rotation. We also incorporated our new Sweet Heat Double Chocolate Chip Cookies into this recipe, which give it a really nifty twist that everyone will remember (and ask for) when the holidays roll around next year.
Chocolate Peppermint Ice Cream Sandwiches
1 pint of vanilla or your favorite ice cream
5-7 peppermint candies, crushed into fine pieces
Holiday colored sprinkles
- Take ice cream out of freezer 10 minutes before assembling ice cream sandwiches.
- In the meantime, pour crushed peppermint candies into a small bowl. Pour the sprinkles in another bowl.
- Once the ice cream is softened, but still a little firm, take 2 cookies and smear about a tablespoon of ice cream on the flat part of the cookie. Make a sandwich with the other cookie and press down a bit. If you have an offset spatula you can use it to even out the ice cream on the sides of the sandwich otherwise a butter knife will do.
- Roll the sides of the ice cream sandwich in either the crushed peppermints or sprinkles.
- Once you’ve rolled all your peppermint ice cream sandwiches, put them back in the freezer until ready to serve.