July is in full swing, which means it is officially summer! A lot of summer activities take place outdoors, whether it be hiking, biking, or swimming. These simple yet satisfying cookie-dusted dried fruit truffles are an easy-to-make and healthy afternoon snack that is perfect for your favorite summer activities. Along with being delicious and good to take with you anywhere you go, these fruit truffles are an awesome way to clean out your pantry, reducing the food waste that you produce. It’s a win-win for all!
Cookie-Dusted Fruit Truffles
½ cup - Dried apricot
½ cup - Dried fig
½ cup - Dried prunes
½ cup - Dried cherry
½ cup - Dried cranberry
½ cup - Dried apple
½ cup - Dried mango
½ cup - Raisins
½ cup - Walnuts
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
A pinch of salt
1 box of your favorite flavor soft-baked biscotti cookies (Original, Brownie, Banana Bread)
Note: You can use any dried fruit you have on hand, just make sure the flavor combination is balanced.
- Crush soft-baked biscotti cookies into crumbs. Lay out on a plate.
- Blend ingredients in food processor, adding a little water as necessary if the mass gets too sticky. Make sure it is mixed well, so that no single ingredient dominates the flavor .
- Take a teaspoon measuring spoon and scoop out even amounts of the mixture. Roll it into nice even balls.
- Coat the balls in cookie crumbs to prevent sticking to each other.
- Once finished, put in the refrigerator for a few hours (best eaten cold!)