Guide To Passing On Family Recipes

Guide To Passing On Family Recipes
Every family has traditions that are special to them, especially those relating to food and recipes. Marlo’s Bakeshop became a reality all because one secret family recipe was passed down through generations. Here are our tips to passing on your favorite family recipes to continue sharing those traditions with your...

4 Unexpectedly Delightful Summer Drink Pairings

4 Unexpectedly Delightful Summer Drink Pairings
When you think of pairing your favorite Soft-Baked Biscotti or cookies with a beverage, you probably think of hot ones, right? But who says you can’t enjoy them with cold drinks on a hot summer day, too? Here are some of our favorite warm weather beverage pairings - let us...

An Approach to Eating: The 80/20 Lifestyle

An Approach to Eating:  The 80/20 Lifestyle
At Marlo’s Bakeshop, we’re big believers in the 80/20 lifestyle - choosing to eat healthy foods 80% of the time, which then allows you the freedom to indulge the other 20% of the time. This is more of a healthy diet plan, that will make you feel better than any diet you’ve ever...

Travel Eating: Tips for Eating Like A Local

Travel Eating: Tips for Eating Like A Local
Summer to us means lots of traveling. And whether we’re doing a cross-country road trip traveling outside of the US, one thing’s for sure; food is going to be a very important part of our trip. One of the best ways to get to know the local traditions, history and...

Get To Know Tahini

Get To Know Tahini
Tahini. No, not that island in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, the peanut butter looking stuff. But is it peanut butter? Is it even made with nuts? What exactly is this deliciously rich and intoxicating ingredient that seems to be everywhere these days? If you grew up in the...

4 Tips for a Valentine's Day You'll Remember

4 Tips for a Valentine's Day You'll Remember
February is here, and with it comes the countdown to Valentine's Day. The below are 4 tips that will help make this Valentine's Day gift one they'll remember!1. Skip The Flowers & ChocolateWhile we would never turn down a bouquet of flowers or box of chocolates, these gifts are pretty...

Host Your Own Wine Pairings & Soft-Baked Biscotti Party

Host Your Own Wine Pairings & Soft-Baked Biscotti Party
It seems like every part of the country is getting slammed with crazy winter weather right now! From heavy rains and flash floods in California to the extremely cold temperatures all along the east coast, we can only assume that people are spending a lot of time indoors trying to...

Holiday Party Etiquette: 8 Tips for Being a Good Dinner Guest

Holiday Party Etiquette: 8 Tips for Being a Good Dinner Guest
We’re in the middle of the holiday party season, and etiquette pros are circulating their annual advice for how to be a good guest at a company party, ugly sweater get-together, or New Year’s Eve soiree. But what if you get invited to ring in the season at a sit-down...

How to Host a Holiday Cookie Swap Party

How to Host a Holiday Cookie Swap Party
If you’re anything like the team at Marlo’s Bakeshop, you’ve been perusing page after page of holiday cookie recipes for the past month. But with so many cookie varieties and so little time, how do you decide which ones to bake? Fortunately, there’s a way to have your cake (or...